I love my makeup. I do hauls more than its necessary. It’s an art-form that really has become a passion over time. However I am a stronger believer of loving yourself with and without makeup. I believe in investing time in looking after my health and especially my skin.
I have a few fundamental principles of skin care that I follow religiously. These are simple and I have gathered them over the years trying to understand how skin my works.
So here they are:
- Know Your skin – The first thing to having a skin care routine is to understand your skin. Is it oily/dry or combination? What is it sensitive to? You really have to find the basics.
- Drink Water – I may love my coca cola but nothing compares to good old water. It helps to flush out the bad stuff.
- If It Ain’t Broken, Don’t Fix It!- Don’t pack your face with products you don’t need. You are just feeding unnecessary chemicals.
- Use a Mild Face Wash – Because why slap your face with all those harsh chemicals.
- Always Take Off Your Makeup Properly – Even the stubborn eyeliner and mascara 😀
- Moisturize- Just do it!
- Eat Healthy- This is something I constantly struggle with however I have realized they aren’t kidding when they say “you are what you eat”. 😉
These are my go-to solutions to try keep my skin healthy. What do you resort to? What are your basic set of rules you follow in keeping your skin glowing?
FIND ME ON: