I got a 2 week sample of each of the UD eyeshadow primer when I had ordered my Naked palette and I was thrilled because I’ve been wanting to get the eyeshadow primer from UD but just didn’t know which one would be the best to get. I just have only tried the one of it which I thought I should review. I make a conscious decision not to review any product until I’ve used it enough and more times so that way I can speak of my opinion on the product in a better and truer sense. 🙂
So today I’m reviewing the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden.
This is a nude matte version of the primer that gives a base color (suiting most if not all skin tones) and doing what an eye primer needs to do i.e. hold them shades in place 🙂
(Also I assume you guys prefer bullet points to chunky paragraphs thus the format for my review posts. Let me know if I am assuming wrong 🙂 )
- One of the first things I noticed and was mighty impressed with was that it ACTUALLY holds your shadows in place. Once used this under a mineralized blue shadow (my fav 😉 ) to line my water line and for the first time ever it stayed in place like it was stuck to glue. I mean you guys at some point experienced having your colored liners melting down to your cheek bones right and this was what happened to me every single time I used any color other than my black liners. I would definitely get a big size of the primer just for this characteristic however I would still have to use the other 3 sample before I do so.
- It applies matte.
- The nude-ish color helps to neutralize those harsh dark circles (which I have plenty of). It neutralizes the skin tone in its own unique way. I mean its kind of damn good thing.
- First when I realised how light the shade is I thought it would sort of stand out and make my eyes look greyish since I have a medium skin tone but it didn’t. It acted as a based and once blend everything in it’s all perfect.
- And it does the obvious which is bring out the eye shadow colors more.
- A little goes a long way.
- It is long lasting and holds your eye makeup for hours ( I went up to about 7-8hrs).
- I live in a tropical country so most often we have weather that makes us melt and that means our makeup melts with us. However, I wore this primer and went through the one of the hottest day with my eye makeup intact. I was very impressed let me add.
- Ok so one of the biggest turn offs was how dry the product was and how fast it would dry on my lids. I have dry skin/lids and this was just bad. If I didn’t blend the primer as soon as i got it on my lids I was stuck with harsh lines of a nude shade that just refused to budge. The whole rubbing does nothing good for the eye area so that was just something I hated about this. But I wasnt sure if this was the case because it s a sample or does the real big sized ones dry too. Please let me know if any of you guys have experienced the same or anything different.
- It is an expensive buy.
Have you guys tired this product? If so, let me know your impressions on it. What other eye primers do you like?
Thanks for reading lovelies.
Keep Smiling Xx