I was a new teen on an escalator at the Twin Towers in Malaysia (Then the tallest towers on earth) holding my two first ever lip glosses. I couldn’t stop gloating at the shiny nude Revlon and the pink shaded shiny Loreal tubes in my hand (in a bad ofcourse). It was then the love for painting lips began.
Somewhere over the years and many brands later, I am no more the gloss person who refused and vouched never to try out lipstick ( I think somewhere I didn’t want to look like a overgrown teenager) I preferred the girly subtleness.
Today (being legal worldwide YAY!!) I am head over heels on Matte lipstick. However, I find it very difficult to find proper matte lipstick in Japan. Everyone loves the glittery lip shades here. And I border hate towards the shiny shades. After so many failed endeavors I finally came across the perfect matte shades ever! Im so in love and cant get enough of them.
- Ruby Woo — Classic red
- Fixed on Drama — maroonish
- Steady Going — light fuchsia pink
- Runway Hit — nude with a light coral undertone
- Dangerous — red with a orange undertone
- Relentlessly Red — bright coral red
- All Fired Up — bright pink with a red undertone
- Flat Out Fabulous — bright plum with a pinkish-red undertone.
I sat at the Mac Store and tried five shades from this collection( That was all that was available at the Mac outlet I visited).
- Steady Going : Pretty shade but it had a neon effect that did not suit my skin tone nor my taste well.
- Fixed on Drama : True to its name… it gives the old english dramatic look. However, its shade that makes you look too well put and older. Wasn’t my cup of drama 🙂
- Relentlessly Red : I love coral shades! This was a beautiful shade. Since I already own a similar shade I didnt buy it(that was the only reason )
- All Fired Up : Pink with a red undertone! Do I say more? Its gorgeous, has a very vibrant girlish touch to it and I loved it! So yes I took it home with me 😉
- Flat Out Fabulous : I loved the purple with pink undertone look. It was dramatic, colorful with a touch of sexy sophistication! I just couldnt leave it back there… could I? Ofcourse not so its made its home in my makeup kit 😉
Use a lip moisturizer with them and the last long enough for me 🙂 Now lemme go obsess over these two shades! 😀
For More Makeup Reviews, Click HERE